Monday, June 13, 2011

Lil's Birthday Part 1: Lunch at Canoodling @ Bangsar Village II~

Another chance for celebrations... Lil's quarter of a century birthday is here!!! We were out and about all day on Sunday for an early celebration.. Part 1 was at Bangsar, Part 2 at Mont Kiara and Part 3 at SS2.. amazing right????! :):)

I'd visited Canoodling at Bangsar Village II once before, thanks to my food blogger colleague, Mr Wei Ming, I didn't really like the food that we tried that day but since I was having a serious bout of coughing the last time round, I decided to give it another try together with Lil, whom I figured would love the quirky decor, hehe....
At our table which had its own spotlight.... bright and cheery yellow makes you feel happy too!

The lights were hanging lamps, how creative~~

they had all sorts of doodles on the wall and crayons on the table for you to play around with... how fun~

Menus! The one looking extremely like an exercise book was from the place next door, called Ricetaurant..

see??? the horrible squares from my childhood, cos i had a hard time keeping the words in them, lol...

our appetiser, only RM4.90, tempura kangkung... It wasnt cheap considering that its just a few fried leaves... but it tasted yummy with the dip that they gave us which was a mixture of sweet and salty flavours and complemented the batter quite well :)

I quite liked this to be honest... who would have thought? Tempura kangkung @.@~

Lil's main... 'The Canoodle Oodles of Noodles' the flour wrap felt and tasted like chee cheong fun skin and it was quite fun to create our own roll plus the meat was quite tasty as well, so this this gets a thumbs up from me for being interesting and tasty... Hehe~

My claypot 老鼠粉 which which is the special dish or sundays... nothing special about it though. Apart from the pretty egg on top, it didnt taste that special and was rather salty.. Had to slather the accompanying chilli sauce on every spoonful before I could eat it... :S and I thought it could help change my perception abt the place having a cosy atmosphere but mediocre food, too bad....

I had this the last time -- Pasta Pad Thai, sounds interesting but a tad disappointing... the noodles were gluey and there just wasnt any oomph to the taste...

Crispy duck salad, if i remember correctly, this was rather good, the duck was flavourful enough and Vi ordered this as her dinner so the portion is quite satisfactory i must say~

Pandan Chicken Wings were ok oso... funny how all the appetisers and desserts are not bad but the actual noodle dishes are just so-so considering that its a shop selling mostly noodles @.@~

my dessert... Aloe Vera, Sea Coconut and Ginseng Roots served ice cold...very refreshing and for RM5.90 the bowl was filled to the brim with aloe cubes and sea coconut slices :)

Lil's dessert, creamy mango and pomelo dessert and a peek of my iPad in its new clothes, whee~

and before you forget me :P:P

All in all, the prices and service were quite reasonable and wifi quite fast, plus the ambience was cosy as expected.. but the food could be better, imho....

We had our second dessert at T Fourty Two, also at Bangsar Village II and I cant wait to share what we had that we'd never had before this~~~ to be continued.... cos im sleepy.... :P

No comments: