Sunday, December 6, 2020

15,000 steps

5 December 2020

I had a long fulfilling Saturday filled with lots of good food and laughter. 

Started with a productive morning where I managed to do a huge load of housework, including sweeping, mopping and laundry. 

Met my colleagues at Lad & Dad, which bills itself as selling authentic UK style fish and chips. The beer-battered kind that comes with mashed peas similar to what I had at Lobsterpot and the oh so famous one at Whitby. All of us being lovers of food, we just could not be satisfied with only one main per person, so we got a couple of sides too ~

Oyster Nuggets (S$16)
From the menu: Beer battered oysters, gherkin tartar sauce

Posh Chips (S$12)
From the menu: Coated thick cut chips, beef & ale gravy, aburi mozzarella & cheddar cheese

Small fish & chips 150g (S$18)
From the menu: Beer battered Atlantic haddock fish, coated thick cut chips, gherkin tartar sauce, mushy peas

Everything was on point, there's nothing like some crispy deep fried food to put you in a good mood. In fact, we were all so happy that even the rainy weather couldn't do anything to dampen our spirits, haha. If anyone asks for a fish & chips recommendation from me in future, I'll know where to point them to now.

After lunch, it was time to look for a place to sit and chat, with a nice beverage in hand. While we were at Lad & Dad, we noticed a cafe opposite (8 Craig Road) that had a constant queue outside. Just to satisfy our curiosity, we went over and found a pet-friendly cafe but didn't end up there as there was a time limit given of 45 minutes XD

It was lucky that there was a time limit as we ended up somewhere much better in my opinion - Tong Ah on Keong Saik. My goodness, the Horlicks there was so awesome. So was the toast, which had the pale green-grey coloured kaya that is so rare nowadays. It was so good that I immediately made plans to visit the place again XD 

According to my kopi loving friends, the coffee there is perfect as well. 
I think I will try the tea next visit.

The iconic building on Keong Saik that tourists love. 
It was raining so no way was I going to stand in front of the building for a photo.

Why is the title 15,000 steps you ask? Well, we met up at Outram Park, walked to Tanjong Pagar Plaza for lunch, went to Keong Saik for tea then ended up at Chinatown for shopping XD It was a long long day as we ended up having afternoon tea twice LoL

Tong Shui at the aptly named Tong Shui at People's Park Centre. 
The almond paste was divine. Maybe it was the company too, but somehow everything we had that day was just perfect!

Ended the day by dropping by Waterway Point to collect the personalised gifts I got for my colleagues as xmas presents. Plus managed to pick up something below S$10 for my not so nice colleague who I allocated a lower budget to compared to everyone else. Hah! At least I still got something of quality that she can still give away if she wants to. XD



No comments: