Wednesday, December 2, 2020

부자?나?

28 November 2020

For the first time in my life, someone has asked for my help to lend some money. I was quite flattered to be honest, since I portray such a miserly image that no one has ever thought to pose this question to me before XD

First things first, I weighed the reason (gap of a few thousand to cover the down-payment for an HDB flat) against my ability (I would never risk my hard earned money so the amount lent would be an amount that will not affect me whatsoever even if it, in the worst-case scenario, is not returned). As I know very well the feeling of getting a helping hand when you need it, I ended up lending this friend of mine a couple of thousand dollars, which I hope helped to cover a bit of the shortfall. One thing of comfort is that I have been promised that the money would be returned to me by January 2021. Separately, when I checked my fortune for the coming year, I was told that I would not be having money worries and any money lent would be returned to me for sure - hope that's true - heh~

Anyway, I don't think this friend of mine will be fleeing the country or going into hiding any time soon since she agreed to meet me for lunch XD To be fair, I paid for lunch while she paid for dessert. 

We headed to this Korean restaurant called Dal-In on Boon Tat Street to satisfy my craving for Jjampong aka Korean Spicy Seafood Noodle Soup. I haven't been there since changing jobs, which was a whole 2-years ago! 

The Jjampong that has been occupying my thoughts since some time ago - full of squid, prawns, clams and lots of veggies~

As is customary, there were several side dishes to accompany my Jjampong

Also free Gyeran Jjim (Korean steamed egg)

Pretty glad to report that the standard of the food at Dal-In is the same as I remembered. It is the closest to the taste that I had in Korea so far. One thing weird was that I didn't find the Jjampong as spicy as I did last time. Not sure if they adjusted the spiciness or it's me who has leveled up?

Dessert was at Luna Patisserie, another place that I've been curious about but was thwarted quite a few times when I wanted to try, either due to timing or logistics. We ended up having to queue (about half an hour!) for a table. Luckily we were only 2 as there is limited space and the tables are mostly for tiny groups only. 

The famous orh nee (yam paste) cake that I have been so curious about. Looks prettier in those review posts though. It wasn't sweet at all and came with chunks of actual yam. I liked it, but I think the coconut milk did give me a tummy ache later in the day. The one in the background is matcha white chocolate, which luckily was not my order, as I don't really like having bitter stuff in my desserts.

My cake and ginger tea
I think Luna is a 'try once enough' kind of place for me. The wait is kind of long for a tiny slice of cake, the drinks menu is very limited, plus you can't really enjoy your time there as the queue outside is very visible from where you are seated in the cafe.

Red arrow shows where Luna is
The queue was definitely more than double ours when we left, winding down to the end of the street (meaning more than an hour to wait?!) I don't think I would be willing to queue for that long! Kind of surprising, considering CBD used to be deadly quiet during weekends. Guess everything is weirder now that we are in 2020. @@


No comments: