Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 37: I love my life! but not International Marketing :S

Some people are going to hate me after reading this, well mainly my lecturer and some of my coursemates, haha.. Started a new subject today- International Marketing, and first thing we noticed is that both lecturers are quite pleasing to the eye.. but one of them isn't really doing much in helping me improve my knowledge about IM.. Grr.. I can't get the points he is making during lectures.. Not to mention tutorials, where he asks the weirdest questions ever.. Feel a little fed up already, what the heck is the point of this subject?!

After class, there was a mad rush to get to the library to get the recommended texts, first time in my life i'm borrowing a book for reference purposes by the way, usually I just get them to use put in my bibliography when doing courseworks.. but since we obviously can't get much from the lectures, have to rely on a book i guess..

We walked like we were in a race, I could hear people running behind me, so weird.. I kept telling myself 'its just a book, its just a book' so that I could walk normally, haha... Got to the resource centre, and the horror.. The recommended text was not available and the queue to hold the book is so long that by the time its available, I'd probably be working already, I'm number 17 on the list I think and the loan is 28 weeks per person, do your own math lah..

So no choice but to get alternatives with the words International Marketing anywhere in the title. Managed to get one book, but how to share between 2 persons? So we went to another floor, and I found a group of coursemates already frantically searching all the management books, most were strategic or fundamentals, so not much use.. and I was thinking it was a hopeless case since so many people were already searching for so long, and all of a sudden, 2 words just jumped up at me! I swear it was pure luck that I went in the latest and managed to get a relevant book.. hehehehe..

Pity the poor people who were reading through every book hoping to get a little chapter on IM or something.. but still, the one I have is not one of the books recommended by the lecturer, but better than nothing lah.. :D

Arghh.. International Marketing >.<

No comments: