Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 39: World Museum~

Another day with a 3-hour break.. Decided to while of the time at the World Museum (so cultured.. *snigger*)... Free entry again~

Super cute Superlambanana~

Its name is Mandy :)

The museum is quite huge, with 5 floors, proud to announce that I conquered all 5 floors! Yay! Actually some parts I just passed through, cos some of the stuff didn't really interest me..

First Floor: Human World
The exhibits on this floor include things from the civilisations (Roman, Egyptian, Anglo Saxon) and from countries around the world~ Lots and lots of things on the first floor, the pics only show a very very very tiny portion on the stuff on display..

Fake Anglo Saxons :S

Fooling around with the Roman statue

Creepy Egyptian coffin cover

Anubis..


Yup, mummies.. Creepy~

Random pic of me :D

Samurai outfit from Japan

Something familiar~ Shadow puppets..

African masks

Second Floor: Natural World
Filled with creepy crawlies, eeew... and stuffed animals and skeletons and pickled corpses. not sure I liked this floor that much...

There's pickled cuttlefish in this pic..

Dead butterflies

Other dead insects
(the one in the middle reminds me of the fairy in Pan's Labyrinth)

Super gross, live giant cockroaches

Also quite gross, live ants crawling up and down the rope there.. and it was all exposed, what if some of the ants lost their grip and dropped on someone's head?!

Yuck, zoom in if you like ants, big red ones.. :)

yucky spotted beetle :S

Third Floor: Aquarium
Fish, fish and more fish~ I was in time to watch the feeding of the baby sharks, not a pleasant sight..



Fourth Floor: Dinosaurs


Fewer and fewer pics at this point, walked until moodless already, whats more my Liverpool partner wasn't feeling well, so I was wandering round alone >.<

Fifth Floor: Time and Space

Meteorite fragments :D

Telescopes

Yep, went round the whole place.. I even saw an extra exhibition called the beat goes on, about the changing music scene in Liverpool and showcasing different acts from around here.. I never knew Atomic Kitten originated from Liverpool?!



Anyways, the best part of the museum was this:

Something I got from the souvenir shop for 50 pence :)

Its my birthstone (Sodalite) and when I saw the face, it was love at first sight :) Even the lady at the cashier told me that I'd found a very pretty one :D Happiee~~~

"Sodalite- Sagittarius, No 4
Eliminates confusion, direction of purpose, helps to recognise & verbalise true feelings, encourages self esteem, self trust & trust in others, good group stone,
Dispels insomnia, digestive disorders." :D

After that, we crawled back up the hill to get to class >.<

No comments: