Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 46: Happy Birthday Orange!! :)

To the lucky people get to celebrate their birthdays in UK, good for you! Cos then technically your birthday will be 31 hours long if you were born in Malaysia.. Extra time for celebrating and receiving greetings and presents is always a good thing isn't it? :) so after we had our last class for International Marketing, we gathered round to celebrate my classmate Orange's birthday :) wow wow, we've been classmates for 4 years and this is the first time i'm actully helping her celebrate *guilty*...

We had a sort of potluck and Adelynne and I decided to fulfill the birthday girl's wishes and attempt to make her favourite dish- 云吞面 or dumpling noodles for the uninitiated.. hehe.. Since i'm only assistant kitchen hand, I got to wrap the dumplings, hehehe.. more fun than the more important tasks of seasoning the meat and boiling the soup, that was Adelynne's job as main chef~

Hard at work, this is proof that I do (some/ a little bit of...) work in the kitchen~

Wrapped by me~~ except for the siew mai shaped one at the bottom :D

All shiny and glistening, yums.. but a bit too yellow in my opinion...

Taadaa.. The soup kind of evaporated, but it still tasted good..
We can apply to be magicians, making wan tan mee in UK is no small feat :)

the spread~ there were 10 dishes I think..



Special mention to Angeline for these super cute and tasty desserts, but I still dunno what it was that I ate, only know it tasted like strawberry ice-cream~

and after dinner, let the celebrations begin~

Birthday girl with her birthday muffins, hehehe...

Singing the world famous song (very loudly, cos we wanted to beat another group celebrating downstairs.. Childish? I know, but it was so fun~)

No candle so we improvised, thats rolled up toilet roll with sparks from burning it on the hot plate, getting more and more creative here @.@~

Last pose with the poor muffins before they are mutilated.. :)

Haha.. and they die...

Group pic time!!

Females only~

With the opposite sex

Yay, everyone in!

and I'm done, gotta get to work on my case study now.. hehehe..

No comments: