Sunday, July 5, 2009

Salisbury~

Right after Stonehenge, we were off to the nearby town of Salisbury, all I know about Salisbury is Salibury steak, which i'm not even sure is from Salisbury or not, haha.. We were given a map as usual, and left to explore the place.. Hmm, I really like this system, haha...

First thing that hits you once you get off the coach is this pretty little river, where the water is greenish but clear, and there are lots and lots of ducks and geese/ swans, cant tell the difference.. By following the river (River Avon), you will find yourself at the town's centre..

By the river
(Ooops, i didnt realise i was making an obscene gesture while taking this.. sorry!)

Ducks

Swans I think..

Bridge across the river..
Can see the spire of St Mary's Cathedral in the background..

Accosted by these 2 funny people (Alicia and Melody from my BM tuition last time :D) They just jumped into the shot and then after the photo, said "So random" then ran off @.@

This is the real sign.. Terbalik pula, haha..

Flower power~

Voila, reached the town centre..

A little bit of familiarity in a strange place..
Sony Centre.. haha..

Can you believe this imposing place is a college?!
I actually thought it was a state home or something..

First stop:

Salisbury/ St Mary's Cathedral..
Hope you aren't tired of seeing cathedrals on my blog yet.. haha.. UK is full of them..

The spire up close~

The front..

With someone spoiling the view.. :)

Walking Madonna statue in the grounds..
I mean the thing behind me k..

Also has an entrance fee, so as usual, didn't go inside.. :)

Gargoyle or Angel??

I love this shot!

and someone shot me taking that shot, hahaha...

Since we didn't go inside, we spent some time outside, especially in the grounds, on the grass, doing silly stuff, to while away the time... >.<





Then we headed back to the town centre to browse round the shops..Lil bro, I got your CDs from HMV in Salisbury.. hahahha... Big cities got HMV but I don't go, weird huh...













Hope you like them lah..

Saw this group performing, I like their music so much! but their CDs mmore expensive than those inside HMV :( 10 pounds (I got 2 CDs for less than that..)! If not I would have gotten some... sob sob.. Its only a few seconds, the whole song was so so good..

Enjoy!

Random street shot.. haha...

Dragon plant, cute~

Oh, and since the museums in Salisbury mostly charged an entrance fee, we just went and took pictures outside to pretend that we have visited.. hahaha..



Just realised we spent the whole day simply sitting on our butts in the bus, looking at a bunch of stones, then wandering round a little town, haha, what a way to spend a day.. Then it was time for another 4.5 hour journey back to Liverpool... Arrived at 10pm! If you remember, we departed around 6.45am.. Crazy~

Pictures below show the various stages of sunset, which is around 9pm... Amazing~



Awwww....
It's a beautiful world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look so enjoyable at US .. that is good.

~Tr@cey~ said...

Its UK :) Please don't be anonymous, I want to know my readers... :)