Saturday, March 27, 2010

Good Skin Labs Workshop at Centrepoint South :)

Attended my first ever beauty workshop today :):):) at the office of the company which brings us all these fabulous brands:-

WoW~

Amazing how i'm at Mid Valley City almost everyday but i've never been to Centrepoint South.. Never knew they use the same canggih technology as the Gardens Office Towers for visitors to enter.. hee~ The Good Skin Labs Workshop was held at Suria Meriang Sdn Bhd's office on the 18th floor.. and me being kiasu, arrived earlier than the stipulated time of 11am.. most ppl arrived close to 11.30am so we started late >.<

The lovely view that met me at the entrance :):)

yummies from Delifrance~

I went straight into the room where the workshop was to be held and it was a very nice sight.. (take note i've never been to such things, so dont mind my gushing please.. hehehe) many many mirrors and products and basins on the tables~~

Inside the room~

The products that we were going to try..

My breakfast + Lunch :)

We started off with a presentation by the sales manager, Elaine who explained about all the products, including the latest ones LumecinTM and SculptinexTM, what they were used for and how to use them.. it was all very fun and entertaining and ppl who answered questions correctly got sample sachets as presents.. I got one too! I remember one joke was that we have to start minimising our wrinkles early, before they have the chance to expand their business - cos they usually tend to join together into even longer lines before we know it :D

The cute presenter~~

After that, one of the participants was chosen to be the model, and we were all shown how to use each product properly before we were let loose to DIY our demo on ourselves.. yippee~

and then the fun begins~ :)

Products we tried inclded:

1) Citra-Peel for brightening skin
2) Eyeliplex-2 for a younger eye area
3) Tri-Aktiline for filling fine lines and wrinkles
4) Smooth-365 for more even and smooth skin
5) Sculptinex for firmer skin
6) Lumecin (only could try on our hands cos its for night use only) for brightening the skin tone

As Good Skin Labs is famous for its instant results, we had fun staring each other up trying to look for differences between the left and right sides of our faces (i went with my colleagues).. for me, the one with the most obvious effect was Tri-Aktiline which visibly reduced the depth of my laugh lines (lines at the side of yr nose when you smile/laugh) .. my face looked damn imbalanced after only applying on one side..

Citra-Peel was a little scary for me cos i'm quite afraid of peeling products with my super sensitive skin, and you feel rather tingly/ itchy when you apply Part 1 cos the active ingredient is citric acid.. my face was reddish after using it, but after Part 2, the soothing solution and washing with water, i did feel my face looked a little brighter (or was it imagination @.@~)

One of my colleagues however, saw the biggest difference after using Sculptinex, cos half her face looked rounder than the other, it was so obvious that we kept asking her to hurry up and do the other side of her face or risk walking ard with a lopsided face.. muahahaha...

Had so much fun still not enough, still got a goodie bag to bring home :) with trial versions of Lumecin, Tri-Aktiline and Smooth-365, not forgetting my extra sample sachet :):) we also received RM50 vouchers :):):)

Almost everyone thronged the sales booth after the session, and i believe they sold lots of stuff today.. I invested in one of the best-sellers eventhough it didnt exactly have any instant results lah... need to use at least 8 weeks..

Used my voucher for this.. cost me RM145 after less RM50.. boohoo.. so expensive.. but i think i really need something to save my absolutely dry eye area which is starting to grow some serious fine lines and dark circles :(

My total haul from the workshop :)

Pretty happy that i went, especially cos it was free (previously they charged a fee) and i sure wouldnt mind going to other workshops like this.. would like to go to a Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier one in future.. hehehehe...

Website: Good Skin Labs

PS: The stupidest thing.. I left my whole goodie bag including my expensive eye cream at the bank, forgetting all abt it until after i finished grocery shopping at Carrefour and was sitting down at the bus stand ready to go home.. luckily the kind officers at CIMB The Gardens kept it for me, and even checked who it belonged to from my credit card slip.. Thank you so much~~

5 comments:

Tammy said...

wow lucky your goodie bag n purchase is still kept by cimb staff... my heart sure break if someone snaggs it away. Bkful yap next time!

~Tr@cey~ said...

yea.. thanking my lucky stars, guardian angel, God and oso the CIMB customer policy right now... hehehe.. if i didnt get it back, i think i oso very susah hati right now..

you have a ver informative blog btw :):)

Jonifer said...

oooooo
u really advertie free 4 da company,planning 2 get sum advertisement fees? haha........

erin said...

hi, so did the eye cream work?

~Tr@cey~ said...

went for skin analysis recently and proud to report that there are no fine lines ard my eye area, so i would say it does help prevent dryness and aging, as for the dark circles, they're still bugging me, maybe not consistent enuff, cos sometimes forget to use when im too sleepy, hehe~