Sunday, January 22, 2012

CNY 2011~

Whoa, how much faster can the Earth spin??! Can't believe its Chinese New Year all over again! @.@ granted its in January this year instead of February like previous years, but the last CNY seemed like just awhile ago.. Hmm, or is it because I've been super unproductive in 2011 in terms of blog posts, since I'm digging this post out from my huge pile of drafts from last year.. *groan*

Last year was special for me since it was the first time that we had a reunion dinner with only three people.. I think Im getting used to the idea now :) (Just had our small but cosy reunion dinner just now and it was simply yummy~! Props to Mum!!) It was also the first time that I joined my friends to go about town to 拜年 and collect angpows.. Never got to do that since we moved to JB because we always went back to either Penang or KL for CNY.. Truth be told, it was rather fun to visit the houses of friends that I've known for ages but never got the chance to step into their homes.. :)

Will be starting work on the third day of CNY this year, sobs.. Will miss the extra day's holiday in during my old job.. Just to reminisce, last year, while still working in KL, I got to have Yee Sang i think twice in two days? Can't really remember.. but I know I had it more times than previously..

Our little 'feast' at Esquire Kitchen.. the food wasn't great but the company was.. :):) to my work-lunch gang, friends forever!!


The second time, went with my favourite boss to The Han Room at The Gardens.. After reading the reviews, I was really anticipating the food there.. In the end, I was greatly disappointed, the food was good but the services was so horrible, it put me off going a second time.. We waited more than 2 hours for our food and they still somehow managed to get the orders wrong.. and the waiter didn't even bother to tell me that the fried rice I ordered was meant to be shared by at least 2-3 people when I ordered.. so evil! I think they only serve the richer guests well, since those who ordered the expensive sets didn't face any problems..

Normal chopsticks vs Lou Sang chopsticks~~

With Ed, CLE and TAP.. smiling happily before we realised that we would be starving for another hour or so.. =.=

some of the leng luis in my ex-company.. :)

I was so curious what was in those colourful spoons.. thought they were swan shaped pastries at first @.@




happy angpow collecting gang.. We started with 6 people and ended the day with 10.. haha.. weird how people whom you have not spoken to in ages don't mind visiting your house to collect an angpow..

Oh yeah, and I also got to visit the Dong Zen Temple in Jenjarom with all its beautiful decorations for CNY ~ Like this pic cos my legs look really slim here.. too bad my face does not XD

Wonder what will this year's CNY be like.. Hope I get to go shopping.. really need a pair of new sneakers.. heh!

No comments: