Sunday, January 8, 2012

Merry Belated Christmas!! O.o..

In the blink of an eye, I've been working in Singapore for almost 6 months now.. I know I haven't blogged about my new workplace before but day in day out its almost the same as the number of colleagues I have now is so much lesser than before and it seems to me that they are not as spontaneous as my previous colleagues, so there's much less interesting stuff happening.. T___T

Apparently, we will have a Christmas celebration/ dinner every year as my lady boss is a Christian. This year we had to celebrate much earlier to accommodate everyone's leave schedule. Can you believe that we had our Christmas dinner on 12 December?! @.@~ This year, the dinner was held at Latitude Bistro at this private club on Sentosa Island called ONE°15 Marina Club.

Since there are 11 of us and two bosses=2 cars, and one of the listed companies had an announcement that day, I got to go in a taxi with 2 other colleagues after releasing the announcement. The whole way there we were fretting about how we were going to get home, cos Sentosa Cove, where the club is located is a long long long loooong way in from Sentosa Gateway and the initial plan by our bosses was to go for drinks after dinner and we would only be allowed to go home around midnight :S Thank goodness, we managed to finish early in the end and I very luckily caught the last mrt back!

Exterior of the restaurant, some photos are blur as my phone camera doesn't do well in bad lighting.. @.@


Co Sec Department, LoL at how I used to work in a similar department with around 80 people.. Downgraded.. XD

My senior at work, who really is my senior from college since she was in the same course two years earlier than me.. what a coincidence! :)

Dinner was an all you can eat buffet! The spread wasn't large but there were lots of good stuff to pick from and the dessert section which is my favourite part was quite satisfying~ I only had three rounds though, maybe it was because I didn't feel the need to gorge myself silly when I wasn't paying for the meal @.@~

As you can see, there was sashimi, fresh oysters, crab claws and Maine lobster!! I don't recall eating a lobster straight from the shell before, it was really really good! Sweet and springy~ There was an array of sushi too, but I didn't want to have so much rice, so I skipped that part..

Roast beef (Yums!), Cod fish, samosas and cheese and crackers from the cheese platter~ I remember enjoying the brie cheese but there was one called Reblochon which was incredibly pungent and the taste just stuck to my tongue, definitely not my type of cheese.. I also decided to skip the turkey roast which has a reputation for not being the tenderest type of meat~

Dessert!! warm and gooey bread and butter pudding, assorted cakes, sinfully sweet christmas cookies and pecan pie! I've always wanted to try pecan pie but never knew where to find it,thank goodness it tasted quite good, something like what I'd imagined it would taste like, nutty and not too sweet~

After dinner, we played some games, which were kind of stupid, but rather fun once you immerse yourself into it. First, we played one where two people were assigned to a team and we had to hook our hands together behind our backs so that we would be stuck together back to back, then run around trying to grab the other teams' Christmas hats! Sounds so ridiculous, but it was quite exciting really and great exercise! I think I sweated more that night than I do in one week @.@

Then we switched to the classic pass the parcel game. The losers had to do a forfeit such as: dance like Shakira, walk like a duck or some extreme ones like trying to propose to someone whose parents disapprove of your marriage, lol.. My favourite one was where a chinese colleague, filipino colleague and my boss had to pretend that they were an underwear thief, victim and policeman respectively, and they each had to speak in different languages trying to explain the situation, even without the scenario, it was so funny all of us were laughing like crazy..

Angie trying her hardest to win the hand of her 'lover'.. hahahahaha...

Crazy woman alert!! You'll never guess what I was doing.. :P

after the second game it was time to have the birthday cake~ Since my birthday is only 2 days apart from Angie's, we had a joint celebration and the restaurant had prepared 2 banana cakes for us, lol..

Yippee, I'm 10 years old this year!! :) *Denial much?!*

I wish with all my might~

Blowing out the candle~










Got a birthday card from my colleagues and a birthday kiss from our French client who rents one of the rooms in our office, a very fun person to be with~ All thanks to her, I now know how to say 'How do you do?' and 'I'm very well, thank you' in French.. :D

A very rare evening full of laughter with my co-workers =)

Earlier that week, we had to stay back one Friday evening to set up the christmas tree, which is also a yearly tradition. The tree looked much more impressive than the one at my old office, but it wasn't fun setting it up at all as the centralised air-con was switched off already! *groan*

Group shot~

The tree and a glimpse of my boss who spent ages fussing over the tree, at the same time hindering us from going home

Oh, had a surprise when I went to work yesterday, my boss was giving out photos to everyone from our Christmas celebrations. I'm so glad because I got the one that I liked the most out of the whole lot! Something special since its the first time I have an actual tangible photograph of myself (besides passport sized ones) in ages.. Thanks boss~

I'm still rather undecided as to I'm happy here or not.. sure, working here has its perks i.e. I can afford a car now which I definitely couldn't at my old job but I sure miss my old colleagues and most of all my old boss who has my utmost respect and adoration.. Kind of miss my old job, but I know that the environment is different now since most of the people I had worked with have also left.. le sigh~

What a difference a year makes. Last year's tree at my old job.. smaller tree with less grandeur but you could feel the warmth and love emanating from the office.. This year, we also exchanged gits and set up the tree together but it felt like just another task that we had to finish, with the boss standing there barking orders at us.. I think with the new year, I should try to think of only the good parts and try to hang in there, 1 and a half years more to freedom~!

My favourite photo from 12 Dec 2011:-

Xmas '11

No comments: