Saturday, August 29, 2020

40 Minutes is Too Long


15 August 2020

Met a friend of many years today at Paya Lebar Quarter, my first time there (and it's not bad actually).  Since my dream of visiting new countries every year has failed, I can only settle with visiting new places within Singapore *sobs*

Nothing much to be highlighted though, since it is a mall, not a big one at that, and everyone knows malls are more or less the same. The only things special was that I finally tried this tea brand called Chichasanchen 吃茶三千 that many people have been raving about lately. Being the curious cat that I am, I just couldn't pass off the opportunity to try. 

Kind of disappointed though, for a drink that costs S$4.90 and a 40 minute wait (although I was told it would be a 50-60 minute wait when I purchased it). I normally wouldn't have waited but since I still had a couple of floors mall in the more to see, why not I guess. The roasted tea had a bit of a bitter aftertaste. I guess people here have not been spoiled by Chatto, much cheaper and tastier and less waiting!! Anyways, one try is enough then.




Had lunch at Collins, always worthwhile and true to expectations




The fabled 40 minutes tea, I have to admit that the packaging is cute though


Had tea at this place called XiXiang Kaya Kopitiam, worth a revisit for the toast


My happiest moment from that day was scoring 3 pieces of clothing, 2 pieces from H&M below $20 each and 1 piece from Uniqlo for only S$9.90!!!! El cheapo me super happy! I was so surprised when as I was ready to pay S$19.90 for it as stated on the sales label (in fact it was the only piece on the rack that had that label on)

By the way, I have decided to only purchase basics from now on, can wear repeatedly and no need to pay as much. Let's see whether the new strategy works/lasts. lol

So overall it was a happy Saturday for me =D

No comments: