Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Fort Canning Park

I arrived at Plaza Singapura on Orchard Road at 8.30 am on a Sunday to have breakfast, how very unthinkable! There was hardly anyone in the mall at that timing and even the escalators were not switched on yet. I was doubting myself all the way whether breakfast would even be available.

After several wrong turns, Ya Kun craving satisfied with Breakfast Set B:


Anyway, the reason for my being in town so early was because of a planned outing to Fort Canning Park to 'hike' (walk would be more apt when Fort Canning Hill is only 48m high) XD. Since it was my first time to this park located right smack in the CBD, it was a good opportunity to do some sightseeing at the same time.

An average sized park, 1.5 hours is more than enough to explore the area which consists of 9 historical gardens and several historical landmarks.



So apparently there's this spiral staircase near the entrance to the park where everyone is supposed to take a picture at. We actually had to queue to take a picture -______- 

I was quite surprised to see chicks in the CBD.

From afar I thought this was a remote control car belonging to some kid, turns out it's a robot lawnmower, don't think it's that practical though looking at the capacity XD


I take photos of people but no one takes photos of me T_____T


Special mention of this area called Pancur Larangan (Forbidden Spring in Malay) as we had to purposely search for it. Nothing breathtaking but you can imagine that you're in an exotic country while you're there.

Rare view (for me) of Clarke Quay in the morning

We ended up walking from Fort Canning Park to Havelock Road for dimsum brunch at Peach Garden @ Hotel Miramar. Google maps said 16 minutes but I swear it took us close to 30 minutes. I clearly remember leaving Fort Canning at around 10.45 am and it was around 11.15 am by the time we arrived at the restaurant. The funniest thing was that we had to enter through the staff entrance were led by the staff through a series of corridors like some secret hideout. Turns out the hotel was being used for quarantine purposes hence the main entrances were out of bounds.

Looks nice but actually so-so only. Luckily there's a promotion going on and we got a 30% discount so not so bad.

All-in-all I quite enjoyed my little Sunday outing since it is always a treat to explore new places. Poor old me had to go lie down for a bit in the afternoon after all that walking though. 

No comments: