Monday, August 17, 2020

Too Young to Die

A friend passed today. 

I considered her a good friend back in secondary school. I remember vaguely she was the first person that I ever baked for. We kind of lost touch after graduation. I checked my message history and realised that we had talked about meeting up back in 2016 but it never happened and now it never will. 

So yeah, we have not been close friends for the past few years but it still hit hard when I heard the news today. She had been suffering from a weak heart and I know she had undergone a major operation before. So it is good that she can move on to a better place.

We are at this age where we are not that young but then also not that old, not old enough to die. There is so much more of the world to see, so many things to be experienced, so many things to learn. What a pity to have to leave at 33. It is too soon to go.

Although I do not keep in touch with many of them, I sincerely wish the best for every one of my ex-classmates. May we all live our lives to the fullest and have no regrets when it is time to go. At least  a good 30 years later I hope.

RIP Nurshela Bt Md Shariff (1987-2020) 

I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


No comments: