Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sg National Day Eve 2020

8 August 2020

Met up with Jamie whom I went to Harbin with last year (argh, another interesting story to be noted down when I'm in the mood) to settle my Thai food craving at Ah Loy Thai. Note to self - next time set an even earlier timing to counter this chronically late friend of mine. I estimated that she would be 30 minutes late but turned out to be one hour. As the restaurant is constantly full, I ordered the food once I was ready and ended up spending close to 20 minutes pecking at the sides of the dishes so that it wouldn't be too obvious that they had been touched XD. 

Anyway, we had a good time chatting about past, present, future. It's always a joy to be around people with 'glass half full' mindsets~

I knew about this restaurant back when it was located at Shaw Tower and it's become more and more popular since then (look at all the recommendation stickers on the door!). I once had to wait close to one hour to get a table during dinnertime. This time, I was lucky to get a table almost as soon as I arrived. Pity the people who came slightly later as it was so hot outside where they had to wait.

Yummy Pad Thai

Must order item - Thai Garlic Pork

Pineapple Fried Rice

Thai Fried Bean Curd

I'm salivating as I'm typing this -_____- 
The funniest thing was that we were at a Thai restaurant without any spicy food on the table as we are both scaredy cats with below average tolerance to spicy food hahaha

After lunch we headed to Bugis Junction/Bugis+ to search for a place to sit down and enjoy a nice beverage and chat some more. However, it seemed like everyone had the same idea to be out and about during the long weekend and it was full everywhere (even Intercontinental Hotel which we tried out of desperation). 

In the end we decided to talk a walk to the National Gallery at City Hall station to take a look at the place (which we found out was closed to the public due to some conference after we arrived). To prove that I was there, some obligatory shots were taken XD Sort of like my uni days when we could only take photos of building exteriors when we couldn't afford entrance tickets.

T'was a nice sunny day for touristy pictures

The podium had been set up in preparation for Singapore's National Day the next day

Padang + Part of Raffles Place

After lots of walking (13k steps!!!) we ended up at Marina Square, quite a distance away from our original location XD even at such an out of the way mall, we still had to wait for a table at Dal.komm Coffee, haih.

Perfectly happy despite the long walk and wait to get a hot drink because I found my orange sweet potato latte at last! Almost 5 whole years since I tasted the magic in Seoul! Oh, and also I had been craving cake for awhile (drastically reduced bread and cake intake during the past few months), so all the more reason to be happy! 

All in all, I had an enjoyable Sg National Day Eve =)

No comments: