Thursday, December 10, 2009

Scold Me~

Had a busy and nerve-wrecking week last the week before last... until I was unsure that there would be any good day in it, which actually included my birthday *gasp*~

Problem one was caused by one of the despatch boys who are in charge of delivering documents and collecting them from clients. One of our clients called up asking abt a document that we were supposed to collect one week ago and which we had conveniently forgotten about, so i had to go on a massive search for both the person in charge and the document itself.. Turned out that the guy who collected it was on leave.. many phone calls and 2 days later, he came back and magically appeared with the thing which apparently he had been keeping for more than one week already.. grr.. leaving me to explain to the client why we hadnt started on his assignment yet.. :*

Problem two was in fact caused by the very same despatch guy! This time instead of failing to collect documents properly, he failed to deliver documents needed urgently.. double grr.. I was so afraid that the client would be super pissed off, cos he had waited at reception the previous evening for us to do up the docs and we'd promised to get them to him in the morning.. He had to call us in the evening asking for his documents instead.. I called up the stupid despatch guy and not only did he not co-operate, he had the guts to tell me that he wouldnt come back to deliver the things and to tell the client to wait till the next morning.. >.<

So I became a member of the despatch team for an evening after drawing up another set of the docs and running over to the client's office myself.. luckily it was in the same area but at the other end of the street nonetheless... and luckily the client wasn't mad and appreciated wat i did.. sigh...

The pile in my in-tray getting higher and higher...

That was right before my birthday.. but maybe the 2 bad days added up to give me a doubly good birthday, so I'll let it pass.. Just to update, the despatch guy can expect a complaint from my group pretty soon.. hehehe...

Attended a verification meeting earlier in the week.. Aliens at a meeting filled with lawyers, corporate bankers and auditors.. only my manager and me to represent us company secretaries... @.@~ my souvenir from the meeting:-

Scold me?! hahaha... luckily didnt happen..

All that hard work is worth it if you feel appreciated by the ppl you run ard for.. and so far we've had clients give us chocolates, imported biscuits, my colleague even got some clothes and body shop stuff from her client.. and.. the thing that makes you feel like you're really a working person...

Yearly planners~~

From the client whom i despatched docs to.. addressed personally to me :)


You can even fill in which club you're a member of.. hahaha.. as if..

From another client.. This was actually addressed to my director, but since im the one assisting with this portfolio, she gave it to me :):)



more work and meetings coming up, especially since its the end of the year and ppl like to clear their stuff for a brand new year.. not not a bad haul for just one month plus of working life.. :)

No comments: