Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Face Shop- Herb Day Cleansing Wipes

This should be my very first proper product review I think, cos usually I just mention in passing something that I use, so its time to get serious.. :) For my first review, I'm going to share something that I've been using for quite some time and my love for it is undeniable since I've used other products with the same function, i.e removing daily grime but with results that were not as good this..

Front

Back

* Please click pictures for a clearer view..

I think I have used this for almost one year already to remove all traces of foundation and dirt from my face, there are wipes from the Herb Day range for specifically lip and eye make-up as well, but since I'm already using something else for that purpose so the cleansing wipes serve me well enough.. Before this, I was using Clinique's Take the Day Off cleansing milk, but I always felt like it left a residue on my face, like it wasn't completely clean, so I stumbled on this product while looking for an alternative.

Since its called Herb Day, the smell should be herby right, whatever that smells like.. However, in my opinion, it smells quite floral but dont worry, its a fresh, non-overpowering smell.. Even my mum thinks it smells nice and always asks me not to waste by using it to wipe other things like the telephone receiver, haha... It comes in 2 sizes, 60sheets and 20sheets, I prefer the 20sheets packaging more as its not so bulky and very very suitable for travelling, price wise, the 60sheets one doesn't exactly cost that much less as well..

20sheets

I've also used a similar product from Simple, the oil-balancing cleansing wipes that supposedly helps balance oil-secretion, but in actual fact didnt help at all.. Its texture was also much much rougher than Face Shop's wipes.. I think thats because its too dry, and you end up feeling like you sandpapering your face instead of wiping.. Whats more, its also more expensive.. (I only turned to it when I was unable to restock my Herb day wipes k..)

As you can see below, the Herb Day wipes clean really effectively, my method is to fold it up and wipe then open and continue wiping when one side gets dirty, this way, I use only one piece a day, each month I use approximately one and a half packets (20sheets), which is really really economical, considering its only RM8.90 for 20sheets.. and whats more, after wiping your face, you can use it to wipe other parts of your body as well O.o... Believe me, the air around us isn't quite as clean as we like, and you will find that after wiping your arms and legs, the wipes may look like it was originally grey in colour...

OMG *faints*

My only grouse is that its quite inconvenient for me to restock as I'm now in JB and there's only one Face Shop outlet.. I always stock up whenever I go to places where I can get hold of this.. Even asking the bf to help me buy from Klang.. One word of advise tho, the outlet at AEON Bukit Tinggi, Klang is always out-of-stock cos its a very quick selling product, so your best bet is to get it from KL..


Hope this post helps~ :)

2 comments:

LyNn said...

sounds like a nice item.
im currently using watsons wet tissue thou.
RM 4.90 for 3 packs of 10.
so you get 30 sheets.
it also removes make up and other impurities well.
so maybe you wanna try this when your face shop wipes are OOS ;)

~Tr@cey~ said...

Hmm, ya maybe I could try that out too, should be much much easier to restock then... :) since Watsons stores seem to be sprouting out everywhere...