Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 62: St Michaels- Waterloo- Southport~

Went with my Classmates to visit some outlying parts of Liverpool on Saturday, eventhough I hadn't started on my assignment (super procrastinator^^) Bought another all day Mersey Rail pass for 4.50 pounds..

Another one to add to my collection :)

Waited 15mins for the train~

First stop was St Michaels..

I didn't actually know what was to be seen at St Michaels until I heard my friend say Palm House in Sefton Park- the Sefton Park that I once spent more than one hour walking to >.<


nice fountain..

Say hello to Peter Pan~

The famous palm house

Inside palm house~ That seat is more than a hundred years old..

For people from tropical countries, the palm house isnt that interesting, cos its essentially a greenhouse with lots of tropical plants inside, the first things i saw inside were bougainvilla and cacti >.<

Next stop Waterloo

How many Waterloos are there?! Really, they should come up with some more interesting names instead of using the same ones over and over.. Waterloo is a very pretty place next to the sea, and its a must go place cos of something very interesting..

a very intriguing piece of art~

but first we had to walk a very long way in the hot sun (thats when i became an indian..) to get to the beach where the sculptures were located..

past a pond filled with ducks, geese and swans~

I wish I brought bread to feed them like the little girl there..

Nice beach..

Left my mark in the soft, fine sand.. :)

and we found one!

anatomically correct.. :D

I only took a pic with no. 87, there's actually 100 of them..

more beach..

more us on the beach..

my favourite pic.. can see the poor sculpture standing all alone gazing at the sea :)

super super super hot day!

We started walking towards this half dome, half pyramid building but gave up halfway, cos it was a long way to walk in the hot sun..

Third and last stop was Southport, famous for its sunsets..

Before exploring the place, we dropped by one of the shops selling traditional fish and chips for dinner..

5 stars~ don't play play :)

English tea that pales in comparison to teh tarik.. >.<

Fish and chips with peas

came with bread as well.. whole set for 6 pounds per person..

Made the mistake of having one plate per person, stuffed ourselves silly, haha..
one of the girls ended up having indigestion and kept vomitting when we got to the pier..

makes me think of Ruby pier in '5 people you meet in heaven' :)

cute sculpture..

They have a funfair too..

and teenagers.. having fun and making out >.<

The pier..


view from the pier~

In the middle of the pier..

Southport beach~

enjoy the sunset people, i know we did...












Sunset was around 9pm.. pretty weird feeling, hehe.. By the time we got back to the train station, all the shops were already closed, so with nothing to do, we headed back..

In the light~

In the dark~

I have been to Southport! :)

No comments: