Saturday, August 8, 2009

I have found my dream car!

Technically, I have found the dream car brand, cos the car I have in mind now is the Volkswagen Jetta, and by the time I can afford it, it'll probably be an old junk car.. >.<

After years of admiring VW cars on the road, I finally got the chance to sit in one, and boy, there's a quote from this article that I agree with wholeheartedly: "Anyone who gets into the Jetta might never want to get out again." We actually rented a Vauxhall Vectra for our Scotland trip, but they did say that we might get some other car of a similar size in the rental clause, thank you Avis for sending over a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 instead, hahahha..

Taken before we left Atlantic Point (still very shiny.. )

Why I loved the car so much:

Nice colour

preferred this to the midnight blue one driven by another bunch of people during the trip.. :)

Spacious

Stuff for 2 people (quite a lot already)

Can pack stuff for at least 5 people for 6 days inside.. :)


Still got space left~

Fast and smooth

6th gear! Woohoo~

100 miles per hour~
maximum we went was 120mph which is roughly 200kmh, and it didnt feel like it at all, not like our stupid local cars that judder even at only 80kmh >.<

Its super fuel efficient besides.. So much so that it was almost unbelievable.. uses diesel tho.. anyway, out of the 5 cars on our trip, 2 were Peugeot 307s and there was a Ford Focus (super fuel-guzzling car, do not get this!) besides the second Jetta, and I hope the people in the smaller cars did not hate us too much.. Four people in a Jetta beats five people in a Ford focus anytime~ :)

Even the sky looks nicer from inside.. (exaggerating a little here, dont mind me.. :D)

Overtaking a Subaru :)

Organiser/ navigator/ avid photographer + driver :)

Happy passengers

Grumpy driver

Photo taken in Edinburgh..
I love the Volkswagen Jetta! *swoons*

PS: even professional car reviewers share the same view as me, read this for a heavy technical review, and this for a lighter take..

No comments: