Sunday, November 29, 2009

Officially gila buku~

I am so proud of myself! I managed to walk all the way from to Amcorp Mall from where I'm staying, approximately 40 mins in total to and fro... :D and all for wat you ask~

After reading in the newspaper the number of ppl who went bright and early on the first day to grab at the books, I decided that it might be worth going to take a look.. :) and it really was worth the walk.. Eventhough it was almost ending by the time I went, there was still a steady supply of brand new books on sale (tho i suspect a lot of the bestsellers had already been grabbed cos I did see ONE book by Jeffrey Archer, which i already have which means that there should have been more previously).. for only rm8! Which is ridiculously cheap... (many ppl were buying boxes full of books O.o...)

I only got 3 tho.. on a tight budget... so 3 is considered a big haul already by my standards... :) I still cant get over how cheap they were, cos the cheapest books I have gotten so far cost me 99 pence, which is around RM6, but they were second hand, just RM2 more for brand new ones, unbelievable! I swear that I will go again next year if The Big Bad Books Sale ever comes round again :D

Judge a book by its cover??
1) Brokeback Mountain on the cover- actually contains short stories that will make interesting films, if anyone bothers to make them... @.@~

2) Patchy, naughty looking dog- a diary written from an alpha male/ inobedient dog's point of view

3) Eerie looking spindly things - Murder mystery where the crime is solved by investigating bones left at the crime scene.. This is actually part of the books that inspired the series Bones that I'm so crazy abt... :)



PS: I just finished Bad Dog's Diary, and two thumbs up~~ :) I wanna read the prequel so badly now... Time to lurk around Borders Bookstore, hehehe...

PPS: Flavour of the week is Dreamcatcher by Alexandre Desplat, track #15 of the score for New Moon~

No comments: