Saturday, April 18, 2009

Penang wrap up~ (March 2009)

Its time I finally finish everything I have to say about March (Because its already mid-ending April for goodness sakes!!!! @.@~)

Well, here are my thought about Penang.. Personally, I think the whole of Penang and all Penangites are mad over nice views, scenery, etc.. Oh yeah, and theres food of course, I had so much good food there that I came back a few pounds heavier, sigh.. What to do, it was too hard to resist.. Since most people already know about the food part, I'll be sharing about the 'view' part instead..

1) Home with a view

The view from my uncle's 25th floor condo, you can see the sea right?

On the left, that green area is USM

Very nice pool with a water slide~

Oh, and of course, a compulsory view of the Penang Bridge..










View from the bedroom at night.. Its actually much prettier than can be seen from the photos..

2) Shopping mall with a view

Can you guess where is this? Spot the Penang Bridge again!

Can see it very clearly now..

Its so pretty until passersby stop to take pictures.. I took all my photos from a moving car tho, cos I'm pro (plus, i'm not exactly a tourist >.<)

Really, the scenery outside Queensbay Mall is so beautiful, the water in the bay is actually a clear emerald... and that island opposite is Pulau Jerejak, the former leprosy hospital, its now a holiday resort tho...

3) Toilet with a view!

This toilet in Queensbay mall is half open air.. I mean you can look out and see the sky outside.. If you look further you can see the sea quite clearly as well.. I didn't take it from the angle where you can see the sea.. 4th floor toilet man, didn't want to risk my phone slipping from my hands~

4) Restaurant with a view










Had dinner at Tsunami Village Restaurant, which is very obviously located at the beach where the tsunami struck last time.. You can enjoy the sunset while dining, and obviously I was too busy dining to take pictures of the sunset lah!

Basically, every one in Penang dreams of having a condo with a nice view.. I think I would prefer to pay for more square feet instead, since I don't think I will have so much time to sit at the window and gaze outside.. Wait till i'm retired first lah...

****************************************************************************

Some random photos from my Penang trip..













Dinner at Teochew Meng Restaurant, really delicious food! They serve really good 芋泥(yam paste) as well.. Oh, and the drink you see there is pretty special too.. Cucumber+Lime juice which tasted very very refreshing and nice..

So cute, brother and sister with the same pose (thats my uncle and my mum by the way, and this photo was taken secretly, they were definitely not posing for the camera!!)

This is even cuter, I dont know what the hell my cousin was talking about that she made this gesture (peace sign, if you can't see clearly~) just as I was taking this picture.. How random :)

My mum and her 3 sisters (my aunts), there are supposed to be 5 sisters, but my 2nd aunt died when she was a baby so I never got to know her.. Anyways, I love my aunts (and mum as well:P)










Some street in Georgetown.. See, theres a trishaw so don't say I never showed you anything concerning Penang k..










Last but not least, random shots of JPJ officers inspecting the bus that we took back to JB.. I quite like their red vehicle.. pretty sporty don't you think?! Thanks for ensuring I arrived home safely guys...

No comments: