Sunday, April 26, 2009

Singapore: IKEA Tampines

Day 3 at Singapore was spent at:
Tadaa~
If the yellow sign is not clear enough for you, I was at IKEA! More specifically the newer IKEA at Tampines.. Yea, the swedish furniture geniuses made almost everything pretty, including dustbins and kiddy potties.. :D One word of caution tho, its not as fun if you are not planning on decorating/ re-decorating your home.. Cos no chance to play with the measuring tape and stuff.. Mostly we just walked around admiring all the room samples and touching everything, hahahha...

Just to share some pictures... :)


My favourite room.. This charming dining room will make you want to eat at home more often... Sigh... Dunno why they want to have the light so low down tho.. don't want to be sweating at every meal, do I?!

Cute light! In my opinion, it looks like the Pokemon that leaves in trees, Pineco or something like that...

What do you think??

This kitchen is so interesting, theres a playpen for mums to put their kids inside, where they can't disturb, and yet can be watched at the same time, thats smart! Oh, if you change the things inside to a couch and tv set, you can have your elderly parents in there as well, so they can't comment on your cooking, hahaha.. just joking...

Couldn't help myself, there was a very nice and large mirror!













I would love to have that magic slimming mirror, hee... and in the toilet... :D


We had lunch at the cafeteria, where they serve lots of food, besides swedish and western things, they also have nasi padang and other stuff as well.. :) However, eventhough everything looked nice, I only preferred the chicken wings and the apple pie.. Didn't try the meatballs tho, cos according to my aunt, they aren't that nice...


I was so amazed when I first stepped in, cos the cafeteria is almost entirely self-serviced by customers.. Everyone had to push a little double-tiered trolley where you put all your food and then paid at the cashier.. Before grabbing food, you have to get your own try, utensils, drinks, etc.. kind of like at a factory production line, where you wait for your turn to do something.. Kind of weird, but fun lah..

Cold food including salads and appetisers..

All looking very colourful..

Warm desserts.. I got a slice of apple pie!! :)

Swedish meatballs!

Something very funny happened when we met this aunty, when we gave our order, she just assumed we wanted meatballs and started scooping them out.. Maybe cos almost everyone before us got a serving of meatballs... Yea, they are that popular... She was kind of surprised when we stopped her and said we didn't want any..

Our very fully laden trolley.. :D

Clockwise from top: Deli chicken wings, poached fish with potatoes and my aunt's miced chicken noodles.. Mum had sandwiches, cos her gums were giving her problems again, poor thing... For me, the fish was so-so, should have ordered something else, but luckily my dessert made up for it..

Glorious apple pie! Granted I've had better, but I won't say no to apple pie anytime.. :D I was so stuffed in the end, cos I had a main course, one chicken wing and 1 slice of pie.. @.@~

After leaving IKEA, we did go have a look at the Giant hypermart opposite.. They also have a Courts Mammoth at the back.. Kind of like in Mutiara Damansara.. but I prefer our linkage of the Curve, IKEA, Ikano, Cineleisure and Tesco much more! After that, went home and rested.. My feet almost committed suicide, cos I'd worked them so hard for 3 days, and wearing heels too.. Came home to JB the next morning..

No comments: