Saturday, January 31, 2009

I got kicked out!

A long overdue post:

Since i've experienced the horrors of moving 3 times in 2 years, i have been kind of averse to moving ever since then... and to tell the truth, i wouldn't have wanted to move if i didnt have to, but too bad, good times must all come to an end~

lucky number 7 (G=Ground Floor, doubly lucky)

I actually really loved the room i stayed in while living in the college hostel.. It was cool, it was breezy, it smelt nice, it was not too near nor too far from the toilet, it was near the canteen, and near the shortcut to college.. Only thing i didn't really like was the grille at the window, cos it prevented me from sticking my head out the window.. but oh well, it was there for a reason anyway..

Before packing up..


After packing, so bare and sad huh??

Since i'm already typing, might as well tell you more about TAR College's hostel lah, for those who are interested.. 2 people are assigned to each room, and you cant choose the rooms you want, so it depends on yr luck which room you get.. However, you may choose yr room-mates, if the 2 of you check-in together then you'll be in the same room but you cant change rooms unless you don't have a room-mate and someone else in the same situation is willing to share a room with you, so choose wisely~

As for facilities, the furniture they provide is quite adequate lah, a nice large wardrobe, nice large desk and bed with a not quite bad mattress, in fact i felt it was very nice to sleep on, but depends in your own needs lah, cos some ppl still preferred to bring their own mattresses and a wastepaper-basket.. the toilets have to be shared but there are enough bathrooms and toilets for everyone (approximately 20 ppl on each floor, if all the rooms are full), and for me, i picked my favourites and only used the ones I liked, so that it felt like my own private toilet..

4 years stored in bags and boxes ;(

the mess created halfway through packing
(I packed until 3 something in the morning mind... 大工程!)

view from my window
(used to imagine that there will be eerie ppl sitting at the bench if i looked out at night, luckily that never happened, thank goodness... Never understood the need for a bench there!)

My floor.. Block C, Ground Floor

Female dormitory, MALES STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED!
(Bulls**t :D)

Shortcut to college

Road leading to my block
(Ok, i'm nostalgic~)

Many people cant stand living in the hostel, and even more people wonder how i could stand living there for so long cos we are not allowed to cook (unless we do it sneakily), no television (unless you hide it well), common toilets, lousy canteen food (who says you have to eat there everyday?!), no streamyx (the wireless is only for the most tolerant people), etc etc..

For me, there were a few reasons i never moved:
-near college, i would have skipped a hell lot of classes if i didnt stay next door to college..
-lazy to move, you know how difficult it is to move?
-more friends
-no need to wash toilets or take out the trash!
-i liked my room :D

hahhahahaha... I will really miss my old address eventho it was so long:
Room G07, Block C,
Tunku Abdul Rahman College Hostel,
Lot 2890 Jalan Malinja,
53000 Setapak,
Kuala Lumpur.

Goodbye to you my room~

2 comments:

LOVE @LWIZ, APPLE said...

i miss my room a lot too..BlockC G02, Block C TAR Hostel, was where we knew each other..
i had lots of sweet memories thr too..too bad wen i leave i did not snap pics of how my lovely room was and the view from my window..i stil remember that it looks like summer in canada ( give some imagination) as my windows is facing the trees...Ur post brings back so much sweet memories in the hostel..i miss the hostel..i miss the hostel mates..

~Tr@cey~ said...

haha... yeah i know, especially when the wind blows and the leaves start flying around..

tats too bad.. but at least you're still nearby, can always go back for a visit, but for me, i think it'll be quite some time before i get the chance to go there again...