Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 4: Shopping at Primark and the dinner party..

After class today, my friends decided to bring me to Primark, the UK equivalent to Forever21 to see what all the fuss about it was.. Since I needed to get a thicker jacket for colder weather, plus, I'd seen a magazine that recommended Primark for affordable stuff, I was more than happy to go! :)

New fan of Primark!


Pardon my messy desk.. I have 2 bags not cos I bought a lot k.. It was cos my first bag had a hole in it and I was afraid it would tear cos it was raining, so I requested for another.. Service here is great! :)

Stuff I got:

Nice thick Dunlop jacket for 9.79pounds.. :) A steal..

Belt for 1.47 pounds.. I wanted something less flashy, but they were either too long or too short.. and so what the heck, I need one cos my pants keep slipping now i'm walking so much.. Maybe my legs are skinnier now, heehee... Its still cheaper than most belts in M'sia tho, RM10 belts always have no quality..

The biggest steal of all! Dark denim jeans for only 5.87pounds! It fits real nicely, mayhaps you will see some pictures of me wearing it pretty soon.. :)

All in all I spent about (17.13x5.4) RM92.50, or if you want to be prudent, then 17.13x5.8 (that day's rate..) that is still less than RM100.. which is pretty reasonable seeing as I got a pair of long pants and such a thick jacket, hahahhaha... laughing all the way.. There are many t-shirts there for 1 or 2 pounds each, will have a look next time i'm there.. :D

We then went to Iceland, where potatoes are super cheap,to get some groceries and the 99pence shop for some snacks.. Our chief chef ran into some friends while grocery shopping and they persuaded her to have a dinner party for 7 of us that night.. So more groceries!

Spot Iceland at the left!


City centre, the white building is Marriot hotel and the round one is 'I dunno what'.. :)

Time to play 'Guess Real or fake!

Real bird or statue?

What about this one??

Its actually a real bird! I was taking a picture of the spire at the back, but the bird ended up being my main focus, haha.. Did i mention that birds here are huge! and shit a lot! :)

*****************************************************************************

The dinner party.. The only thing I was responsible for was beating the eggs.. haha.. oh, and eating.. Eggs here are extra large and gooey, it takes ages to beat them properly!


Baked chicken wings.. Yummy!
Compliments to the chef, who will be appearing in my next post.. hee~

Baked beans with egg and ham.. Pretty huge bowl, cos our 3 guests were guys..

Herbal soup.. Very tasty! Thanks Siew huei for supplying the herbs!

He can't wait for dinner.. Seems many people are eating really pathetically.. Can you believe they use a quarter of a chicken to boil soup, the after the soup is done, they stir fry the chicken with vege, and thats for 8 people! If compared, the four of us practically eat like kings here.. haha...

My take on the 'aerial view'

This shot is obviously much better, cos the guy who took the photo is much taller than me.. >.<

The four of us: me, Adelynne, Pui Teng (the amazing chef) and Siew Huei--clockwise

Another tiring day that was.. Couldnt wait to go back and sleep after dinner!





1 comment:

SYF said...

hor... no buy clothe for me hor... jealous now.. anyway got chance wear u new clothe out ya..