Friday, October 17, 2008

"The Lizard Catcher"

I almost became a witness to a cold-blooded murder yesterday.. Or, in this case it was the victim who was cold-blooded..

"Huh??" You ask.. Well, the victim in question was a lizard, so of course cold-blooded lah- reptile mah.. :) Being a senior at the hostel, i'm naturally the one people look for when it comes to exterminating unwanted guests in rooms... Oh well, i use to call upon my seniors to do the same thing last time too, so cant complain...

Anyway, when i was peacefully in my room minding my own business, ms TMY suddenly rushed in gasping for breath and told me that there was a giant cicak in her room under her bed, and that i had to help her get rid of it, otherwise she won't dare to go to bed...despite my reservations, i had to go over and look see, cos by the way she showed the size using both her hands, I thought to myself: "Oh boy, if that really is a cicak, it should be the largest one I've ever seen! have got to go take a look to satisfy my curiosity.."

Imagine my disappointment when i saw the actual thing... The cicak lizard in question:





Not very big wat! Anyway, we then proceeded to hunt for the lizard as it kept darting from place to place cos it was so frightened.. Judging from the shrieks resonating from the room, one would have thought that we were watching a horror movie or something, ms TMY kept spraying it with her Ridsect lizard repellent while i thought of an excellent plan to trap it with an empty box.. and to think i rifled through my waste-paper basket to find it.. You owe me one ms TMY :)

Half an hour later, we hadnt really made any progress except to sweat a lot, great exercise man! I gave up and suggested that we give up and get the bf to come help cos the lizard wasn't moving anymore, it just curled itself up and stayed in the same place no matter how much repellent we sprayed so I'd assumed it was dead.. I only promised to help catch a live one and i wasn't going to handle any dead bodies, no thank you, so i went back to my own room to wait..

Felt really bad really, cos I'm a big animal lover, always have been, that's why i wasn't afraid of the lizard , i think we scared the hell out of it much more than it did us.. Never did understand how some ppl are afraid of kittens and puppies too, insects i know, but cute animals?? But i digress...


To cut a long story short, after i went back to my work, ms TMY and her roommate managed to get the lizard into the box somehow, and i was given the noble task of closing the box and throwing it into the large rubbish bin... Well, i didn't close the box all the way, so i hope the poor little guy did manage to escape in the end.. It wld be too bad if its life just ended last night, since it wasn't doing any harm in the first place, and that would make me feel really bad..
Ms TMY, you want to see wats a giant lizard?? Here: THIS is GIANT!




This one almost come into my room one day, sure gave me a shock when i looked out my window, luckily i managed to close it just in time otherwise i don't think any girl would be kind enough to help me get it out of my room...


And...
I have to mention that, according to Mr Tony Buzan, i am in the good 50% of the human population... during his talk, he asked whether if we see an insect, eg an ant drowning in a puddle of water would we stop to save it or crush it to death... My answer was save it, but i haven't really saved an ant from drowning before, just some beetles that were drowning in the toilet bowl.. FYI, i used some toilet roll and let them climb up before putting them back in the garden... Dunno how they got into the toilet bowl in the first place.. but that's not the main point.. the main point is that i am a kind soul!!! :D

No comments: